WHAT IS IFE
- The IFE is a simple audit focused on factory’s general information such as the profile, type of customers, number of employees, licenses, working time, average lead time etc.
- The auditor conducts a quick overview of the production processes and checks if any quality system is in place. The audit breaks down in the below sections :
- • Factory profile
- • Major Customers
- • Number of employees
- • Working time
- • Lead times
- • Main Components / materials
- • Process steps
- Every section is illustrated with related pictures.
WHEN TO CONDUCT AN IFE
- Before engaging in any contractual relation with a supplier it is important to conduct an audit. Generally, a full technical audit might be preferred if you are aiming at a long term and regular collaboration with a particular manufacturer while the IFE is a less expensive solution before placing a one shot order for example.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO VERIFY A SUPPLIER
- Meeting a supplier at a trade show or through an internet platform will never be enough to genuinely assess their capacity to fulfill your requirements. The price for this service is probably a very little fraction compare to the potential cost that could occur from not really knowing who you are dealing with
Schedule a product inspection now
Should you want to discuss your specific needs, review an inspection report example or ask any question regarding the service, please contact us now.